Tile Removal Melbourne
There are various methods of removing a tiled floor, but we recommend working with a professional to save you time, money and to ensure the job is performed safely.
We use specialised tools and techniques to remove tiles quickly while minimising dust and impact on the floor surface below.
Removing Tile Floors
We can remove a wide variety of tiles, including ceramic, granite, mosaic, terracotta, terrazzo, porcelain, marble, slate, and sandstone from various surfaces in residential, commercial, and industrial locations across Melbourne.
Our process involves 6 steps:
- Assessment: Assessing the size and condition of your floor and gaining an understanding of the concrete flooring style you wish to replace it with.
- Tile removal: Depending on the scope, we will use specialist equipment including angle grinders, demolition hammers, rotary hammers, walk-behind equipment, specialised HEPA vacuums, jackhammers, and power scrapers.
- Adhesive removal: Once your tiles have been removed, we then remove any adhesives, bonding agents or glues left behind.
- Subfloor removal: If you live in a multi-story home, or your home has a basement, there may be a subfloor to remove.
- Diamond grinding: When tiles and adhesives have been removed, you will notice stains and dirt underneath. Diamond grinding removes any discoloration or dirt.
- Dust removal: It’s then time to bring in the HVAC and remove any remaining dust. This will make the surface beneath the original tile floor ready for your new concrete flooring.
Tile Removal Cost
Why Concrete Floor Renovations for Your Floor Tile Removal
We are one of Melbourne’s top concrete flooring renovation companies, founded in 2003.
As tile removal experts we love nothing more than getting our hands dirty and removing tiling from your floors. As specialists in all types of floor renovations, we can also assist you with your whole job, from tile removal to replacement, with your choice of concrete flooring.
How long does it take to remove tiled floors?
While timing will depend on the size and condition of your floor, we recommend allowing 1 to 2 days to remove a tiled floor.
Is it hard to remove tile floors?
For us? No. Our team is experienced in removing tiled floors.
We have specialist equipment we bring to your home, business or industrial location to remove your tiles efficiently and safely, saving you time, money and sanity!
We recommend hiring a professional to remove tiled floors due to the many steps and equipment involved.
Can you remove floor tiles yourself?
Yes, but it’s not as simple as it may look.
There are the tiles to consider, and the adhesives or glues used, plus the condition of the flooring underneath.
DIY tile removal is possible, but it will likely take you days, create a lot of mess, and may not provide you with the outcome you’d like.
What is the fastest way to remove floor tiles?
The fastest way to remove floor tiles is by booking a job with us! We have specialist equipment, and a team, making the job efficient – allowing you to focus on the new look you’d like for your home, commercial or industrial property.
What is dust free tile removal?
Removing tiles without dust requires the use of specialist vacuums or HVAC machines.
There will always be a small amount of dust, but high-quality HVAC machines ensure dust is not noticeable. Any remaining dust particles are cleaned up at the end of the job, so we leave your home, office or industrial building cleaner than when we arrived.